Junior Designer/Architectural Intern
We are seeking talented Junior Architectural Designer/s for full-time position/s. This individual will work closely with the rest of the architectural team on projects from schematic design through manufacturing documentation & prototyping. Candidates should have an accredited architecture degree and a minimum of 1 year of work experience, including internships, in architecture, construction or prefabricated building. Previous experience with construction or manufacturing documents is preferred. Hands-on experience working in the building trades or fabrication is a plus. An interest in building systems and manufacturing is essential.
- Develop design concepts, document and coordinate projects from Schematic Design through manufacturing documentation
- Preparation for design presentations (drawings, digital models, renderings)
- Participate in design experimentation through prototyping, digital modeling, physical modeling, etc.
- Experience of 1-5 years with some technical experience in construction, fabrication or construction document preparation
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Excellent design and analytical skills
- Ability to identify project opportunities and challenges
- Effective time and task management skills to deliver work on project deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop skill and know-how to work with minimal supervision
- An ambitious work ethic
- Interest in building performance & sustainable design
- Proficiency in digital modeling, rendering tools and graphic presentation tools
- Experience in BIM tools (e.g. Revit, Archicad or Vectorworks) or engineering/manufacturing packages (e.g. Solidworks, Catia or Pro-E)