Working with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
- Develops, evaluates and continuously improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, fabrication and assembly processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, and quality control standards
- Supports and executes initiatives that lead to positive impacts on safety, quality, delivery, cost effectiveness, on-time delivery and productivity
- Improves efficiency by analyzing and planning work methods, work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; determining product and process capabilities; establishing standards.
- Recommending, evaluating and coordinating facilities and equipment requirements. Includes keeping equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Partners with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes. Includes maintaining manufacturing BOMs, ECs, systems and routings.
- Demonstrates a commitment to lean manufacturing / continuous improvement implementation. Prior experience with kaizen activity desirable.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheet applications and Microsoft Office Suite requiredAutoCAD or similar software desirable
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or other closely related field
- Minimum of two to five years of experience in an engineering capacity within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in cost reductions related to process improvements
- Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred
- Experience with ERP system/s